This custom Gallagher Birdseye Jumbo is a work of art that also plays and sounds like a dream. You will enjoy sitting down with this guitar. The lowered bout is also tapered so that it makes it easier to reach over it – it’s surprisingly comfortable.
The Yellow Cedar pairs well with the Birdseye Maple that results in a Jumbo sound that is also very balanced.
- Michigan Birdseye maple back and sides
- Yellow Cedar top
- Double X-bracing
- Ebony tile rosette and tapered back strip
- Ebony bound body, fretboard and headstock
- Wenge bridge, headstock and fretboard
- BWB purfling
- 1 11/16” neck, joined at the 14th fret, MoP dots
- Grover “Milk Bottle” tuners
Yellow Cedar, also known as Alaskan Yellow Cedar or Nootka Cypress, is a type of softwood that grows in the Pacific Northwest region of North America, primarily in Alaska, British Columbia, and parts of Washington state. Yellow Cedar has a light yellowish or pale golden hue with a straight, uniform grain pattern. It has a fine texture and a subtle, natural luster, which makes it visually appealing. It is known for its warm, clear, and resonant sound, with a strong projection and good sustain.